The Bridges - Nichols Collection
April 16, 2024, 05:41:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arabia-Nuutajarvi-iittala labels  (Read 24258 times)
nokikana

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2009, 11:48:39 AM »

A general question to the entire forum - can you help me, and us?
   I posted a collection of pictures of the labels used by the various companies that have sold Toikka birds. You may view them on my "Album" under "Nokikana". Bob and I are trying to determine the years that each style of label was used. Can you help us?
   If so, please post your information here under this "Topic". Please tell us the style of label, the name of the bird it is on, and the year (or years) the bird was made. We are especially interested in birds that were made for only one year, a special anniversary or event, or annually. We are primarily interested in the "Nuutajarvi - Made in Finland", "Nuutajarvi - Wartsila - Finland", and the ARABIA labels at this time.
   When completed the collection will be moved to the General Gallery, to assist people trying to date the birds in their collection.
Thank you - Kiitos!  Smiley
 - Nokikana
Wolf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 04:44:21 AM »

In another thread I have included an Alpenschneehuhn (Kiiruna) on the first image - a bird produced from 1991 to 1994 - carrying the "Nuutajärvi 1793, Wärtsilä Finland" label on silver foil - which therefore seems to have been used after 1987 as well.

Best regards - Wolf
nokikana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 08:57:20 AM »

Hi Wolf -

Thanks for the information on the blue on silver foil "Nuutajarvi 1703 - Wartsila Finland" label on your bird. According to Great Glass Listing , both the clear and silver foil version were used from 1977 until about 1993. Please click on the link to see the information. Your example would appear to be among the last "Birds by Toikka" to bear this label.  Thank you for the information.

Tom
Wolf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »

Hi Tom,

thanks for the comment ... I am aware of the Great Glass list: their representation of the Toikka sandblasted signature originates from my Penguin Wink.

Best regards - Wolf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: